Mercedes-Benz of Draper Brake Repair
Quality Brake Repair Services
Why Service your brakes at Mercedes-Benz of Draper?
With Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts, the quality craftsmanship goes into our parts the same way in which goes into our vehicles. Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts are engineered specifically for your vehicle to maximize longevity, safety and performance.
Our Certified Technicians have a distinct advantage when it comes to thorough inspection and accurate assessment of a Mercedes-Benz. By only working on vehicles like yours, they have a better understanding of just what it takes to keep it running at peak performance. By accessing proprietary information and analytics, our technicians have a distinct advantage when it comes to thorough inspection and accurate assessment of a Mercedes-Benz.
Factory Brake Pads vs. Aftermarket Brake Pads
Genuine Mercedes-Benz brake pads are made specifically for your Mercedes-Benz model and specifications. They have been tested by the manufacturer to perform best for the safety of your Mercedes-Benz. Aftermarket brake pads may be made of a harder, low-quality material, which will result in premature wear to the rotors, produce squeaks and squeals, and may not live up to the standards of stopping distance and safety that genuine factory parts provide. This could mean the difference between a close call and serious accident should they need to be put to the test.
Common Warning Signs of Brake Trouble
- Squealing or grinding noises during braking
- Poor braking problem (hard to stop the car)
- Pulling to one side, or “grabbing”
- Loss of brake pedal
- Pulsation of the brake pedal during braking
- Clicking noises during braking
- Excessive drag during acceleration (“Anchor Away” Syndrome)
- Lit ABS light for the antilock brakes
What impacts the Life of your Mercedes-Benz Brakes?
Just like your fuel economy changes depending on how, where, and when you drive, the life of your Mercedes-Benz brake pads changes depending on the following conditions:
- Your Driving Habits: If you brake suddenly and often when driving around Heber, instead of gently pressing down on the brake pedal, or if you ride the brakes instead of coasting softly to a stop, your brake pads won’t last very long.
- Brake Material: Carbon-ceramic brakes tend to last longer than standard metal brakes, but they also cost a bit more. If you don’t know if your brakes are carbon-ceramic, ask the service technicians at the Mercedes-Benz of Draper service department.
- Environment: Driving in the inner city usually means more traffic and traffic lights, so you’ll have to brake more often. Driving on the highway usually means you get longer brake life than when driving in the city.
What is Done During a Brake Pad Replacement
- Brake Component Check
- Install New Genuine Mercedes-Benz Brake Pads
- Resurface Rotors
- Lube Caliper Slides
- Brake Fluid Exchange
At Mercedes-Benz of Draper, our Certified Mercedes-Benz Technicians are trained to identify and resolve any brake component concerns to the manufacturer specifications of your model. If you are experiencing any of the common warning signs of brake trouble, contact our Service Department at 801-222-4450 or schedule a service appointment online today.
*Adhere to all required elements listed by model year and specific model as indicated on the corresponding service sheet for Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Systems in the USA.